Children’s work is one of the eldest ministries in EMC. Although during Soviet time any church activities involving children were strictly forbidden, these activities were unofficially organized nevertheless. Birthday parties at private homes were used for that purpose and children’s camps were organized in summer cottages. Just before and during re-independence time children’s work became more active and many new children began attending churches’ Sunday school classes.
Currently there is Sunday school in following Methodist churches:
- Tallinn Methodist Church: every Sunday at 10 am. There is a message for children included in worship service and after that, children go to their Sunday school classes.
- Võru Methodist Church: twice a month, every 1st and 3rd Sunday at 11 am.
- Tartu St. Luke’s Methodist Church:
- Children, 5-8 years old – every Sunday at 11 am
- Children, 9-13 years old – every other Sunday at 9.50 am
- Boys, 9-13 years old – every other Friday at 6 pm
- Girls, 9-13 years old – every other Friday at 6 pm
- Reeküla Methodist Church – from October to May every Sunday at 11 am. There is a message for children included in worship service and after that, children go to their Sunday school classes.
- Rakvere Methodist Church – every Sunday at 10.30 am.
- Kuressaare Methodist Church
- Kärsa Methodist Church
- Pärnu Methodist Church
In Russian language:
- Tallinn Methodist Church
- Tallinn New Beginning Church
- Aseri Methodist Church
- Jõhvi Methodist Church
- Kohtla-Järve Methodist Church
- Narva Methodist Church
Children’s work committee has organized trainings for Sunday school teachers and nationwide events for children, and has published teaching materials for Sunday school. These are available here.
AADRESS JA KONTAKTINFO
Selgitus: Lastetöö toimkond