Haapsalu Methodist Church was established on 24th of February 1918, the same day when Estonian Declaration of Independence was proclaimed in Tallinn. On that day, the church foundation meeting was held and Martin Prikask consecrated the Holy Communion at the home of August Mikkov, who had been a preacher in Moravian church. When there was not enough space for the congregation at his home any more, they gathered in rented rooms and started building the church building of their own. Architects Habermann and Johanson, who concurrently worked on the project of Estonian Parliament building, designed the church building free of charge. The building was ready in 1922.
Still today weekly worship services are held in Haapsalu Methodist Church. Church together with its friends is like a happy, grateful and close-knit family. In cooperation with pastors from other churches, prayer meetings are held at local nursing home.