On 9th of June 1907 Vassili Täht and Karl Kuum began holding evangelistic revival meetings in Kuressaare. This is considered to be the beginning of Methodist movement in Estonia. Kuressaare Methodist Church was established in 1910 when the church accepted three men and three women as its members. After fourteen years, there were already 366 members in Kuressaare Methodist Church. People in Kuressaare built the first Methodist church building in Estonia – a wooden church at Karja Street. Through Kuressaare Methodist Church, the Methodist movement spread all over Saaremaa.
There are worship services every Sunday at Kuressaare Methodist Church. There is active music work in the church. In cooperation with Reeküla Methodist Church, outings are organized for children.